Saturday, April 4, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? Okay, maybe. BUT that's not what I was thinking. And, yes, the obvious would be my handsome husband, my adorable children and my bestest friends. I was thinking more about the OTHER things. The inanimate things that make me smile. When I walked into my bedroom this afternoon (after a LONG day at school) I smiled out loud when i saw these things:

1. This is my amazing 9 year old. Do you like his outfit? Don't be jealous. He is not afraid to sport his own fashions. He is original and cutting edge. He is holding my CuttleBug. I love it! It still makes me smile daily.

2. Can you tell what this is? My husband drilled holes in a box for me for the ribbon I have been collecting. My plan was to doctor it up with decorative paper and such, but I was so excited to fill it up that it just never happened.


3. This is some rick-rack I got while browsing through antique shops with my friends. It makes me think of them and how much fun I have hanging out with them. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to use it. At least not quite yet.

No comments:

Best Things About Spring

  • Cool crisp mornings
  • Spring Break and Easter and trips to the coast
  • Breaking out the capris and flip-flops
  • Flowers and blossoming trees
  • No more scraping the windshield and surprise snow storms
My photo
I am a stay at home mom, a wife, and a TV fan. I am a part-time babysitter and work a few hours in retail. I am also a full-time student.

Old Posts

FINAL WORDS

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Edgar Allan Poe